Monday, August 4, 2008

First Time Away.....

Well, today, our youth from church left for camp for a week and this is Corey's first time away from home. He was so excited and we were excited for him. He is growing up so fast and was looking forward to spending the week with friends (away from mom and dad) and meeting new friends.
This is Justin, Tyler & Corey next to the bus, getting ready to board. They were all hating us moms snapping pictures so we made it last awhile. I told Corey a picture is better than a kiss so don't push it!
We have 26 kids with 6 adults fro our church going. they will be about 1 and 1/2 hours away at Seneca lake. I went there as a child with my family camping so I am excited for him to go to the same area I did as a child. He is praying there will be some fishing.
I had to make Tyler pose for a picture as well. If Corey had to..he had to! All is fair in parental embarassment!! They left today and will return on Friday afternoon. Please pray they have a great time.
In the jeep was Sarah Kate, Morgan & Julia all happily waving to the boys as they were leaving. Not sure if they were happy to see them go, or go swiming at the Y?!?! I think both!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

What fun for Corey! I know you will be lost without him. I'm sure all will go well and he will have a great time. Remember...I can be at Seneca in about 45 min.
Have some girl fun!

debbieingrovecity said...

He called me last night to ask me where I put his money. He could not find it. At 9:45, they were going to play putt-putt! What kind of camping is that?!?!? I didn't send much so he might be out of luck!!

Anita said...

I hope that Corey has a great time. Just remember how much you missed him when he comes back. It always seems to help!

Lori said...

Hopefully they found it. If he needs some...let me know. I'll take it to him...no problem. Camping isn't what it used to be. haha