Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relay for Life.....

Today was the end of relay for life for 2008. It was a great event and as a team we raised almost 3,000. Grove City chapter raised over 121,000. It was a blast for the adults as well as the kids. This is my dad sporting his Survivor shirt. They had a dinner for all cancer survivors and they all wore this shirt as they opened with a lap as a team. It was very emotional and encouraging to know that people can fight this disease.
This is part of Team Mitchell. The Insurance company that Kara works for sponsored our team. We all left today with great ideas on how to improve our efforts for next year and are excited to work on projects throughout the year to raise more money for the cause.
This is my dad and Kevin, our teams Miss Relay. Although I thought he looked great, he came in 4th. Buzz said he woold do it next year so I am excited to see him all hairy in the dress!! That should be awesome and as a wife, make me proud!!
This is me and my BFF Rose (Stacie). She works for Discover card and participated on their team. She did however diss me at 5 am to walk laps with me. She can make it up to me next year! She walked from 9-10 pm, so I guess I can let her slide...NOT!!

Dad is holding a luminary. Each team sold them to be placed around the track in a candle lit service. Over 1,000 were sold. My brother Todd bought this one in honor of dad.
We are still accepting donations through August for this year. If anyone is interested, please contact me and I can give you the address on how to donate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Nice to see you all have had family in town for a while. I totally forgot about the donation for you Relay team. Drop me a note and let me know how I can still make my donation.

the burchard bunch said...

I tagged you on my blog!