Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm getting too old for this stuff....

We had a crazy weekend. The PGA tour was in town this week and Buzz and I got to spend all day Sunday watching all the golf that his little heart desired. It truly is fun and I love to go with him. Thanks to Daniel (aka Danielle) and Kara for hooking us up with the tickets!!

Buzz, Jason and Corey all went on Saturday to watch the tournament and had a great time. When they got home, we loaded up the car and spent the night at Pappy Stan's. This is the father of my friend Anita. He has 13 acres of land up in Marysville. It was filled with 16 tents and around 50 people saturday night. He has a pond stocked with huge catfish (Corey fished until 1:30 am), dirt bikes,play equipment,bikes of every kind...it was so much fun! We had a huge camp fire and made smores and spent an evening with a bunch of friends. The kids had a blast and had to be hosed down on Sunday because of the amount of dirt on their bodies. I am sure as a child, you remember, the amount of dirt determined how much fun you had!!

So after about 4 hours of sleep, Buzz and I got ready (thanks Anita for keeping the kids on Sunday) and went to the Memorial Tourney. Needless to say, after 9 miles of walking, I am so burnt and so tired, that I have decided I can not handle that much action in such a short period of time. But it is worth it when you get to be with people you love and have fun with.

So Pappy Stan, thanks for a great time, but next year, do it on an uneventful weekend!! I needed more time to recup!! We all loved it and are counting the time until we get to come back up!! Thank God for our Pappy's!!

1 comment:

the burchard bunch said...

I wanna go to Pappy Stan's too!!
Sounds like big fun!!