Friday, June 6, 2008

Losing one of my own......






Well, I know the saying, Everything good thing comes to an end, my end has come. Thursday was my last day with Ella Grace. Her mom, Anita, has decided to leave the school in which Sarah Kate attends and will be taking Ella with her next year which means I am out of the picture.

This is a great opportunity for Anita and I am so happy for her, I just wished I still would have my baby love with me everyday next school year.


It is amazing how much you can love a child, even when they are not yours. At any point during the day, you can find her on my lap reading abook....coloring in "our" special book..or just plain giving me some love....whether I deserve it or not. It is so cool that she is the one person, whom I can do wrong in her eyes. We love to make homemade pie crust......her sitting her dupa on my counter..singing to the radio..and asking if she can eat whatever is left over in the bowl. Or after I had my surgery, she would throw the clothes in the washer for me because Icould not bend over. Or pulling her chair to the sink to help me wash dishes. I hope that she remembers as much about me as I remember about her.


So this is it Gracie...time to be a big girl...take on the new Preschool with all the determination we know you have...and grow into that strong personality and be the wonderful child that God has created you to be. I love you..........


3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I'm so with you girl....
I still miss "my" Matty :(

Anita said...

I finally made my own page- see what all you have taught me or inspired me to do. Your gone but keep on working. It is thechillogfamily@blogspot.com Take a look and let me know what you think.

Anita said...

I did it. I made our own webpage. You should be so proud of me. You keep on teaching me or inspiring me even when your gone!!! Take a look at thechillogfamily@blogspot.com