Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh, how I love date night!


Buzz and I had date night last night. Kara & Daniel and Buzz and I each have a night once a month without kids. For those who have kids, it is a wonderful thing to get to go to dinner without looking at a kids menu...wiping hands or screaming "please keep your hands to yourself"!! It is the time with each other that is so great.

We went to see The Bucket List. It was one of the best movies I have seen in such a long time. At dinner, Buzz and I talked about how it made all those little things that iritate us, just disappear. How instead of wishing our kids older or wishing we had more money in the bank, just petty. It is truely a reminder that people and how we treat them and represent ourselves as Christians, that is really important and how sometimes we only get one shot so we better make it a good one.

Well, next Saturday night, we have four children instead of two, but I know that Kara and Daniel are gonna get a much needed break for themselves so I am happy to have the kids here. If those of you with kids, do not have a date night...find a friend....bribe a friend.....get out with your spouse!! It is wonderful!!

Until next time........

2 comments:

David said...

Great to hear from you. Grandmother has become a regular computer junkie! I hate this cold weather, especially since one of my jobs is an outside job.

Majaz said...

From a random blog-hopper..

A friend loved the Bucket List as well. She kinda fits your profile too. Married, juggling responsibilities etc etc. It hit me to see that someone who's so similar to someone who lives in all the way across the other half of the world...

Kinda makes one believe in archetypes.