Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's a dog eat dog world out here......



For those of you who have never met our beloved pooch...this is Ben...the big dumb dog. As you can see, Christmas morning was very thrilling for him. Wrapping paper everywhere..kids dancing with glee....pure excitement. This is how Ben reacted to the whole thing. Looking back at these pictures, this is how I now feel that the holidays are over. All the decorations are put away...toys are in the kids rooms and play room...a New year...and all I want to do is lay on the couch. For those of you who do not know, I have the 8 inch scar from surgery (over Thanksgiving break) across my stomach. I thought I could do it all (as usual) and did way too much over the holidays and now I am paying the price. I go back to the doctor on Friday hopefully to be released and told that I may once again do the things that I have been doing for the last two weeeks. (The eliptical at the Y wore me out!!)
So this is New Year is a fresh start for me. No more mysterious lady parts (as my buddy Chris reminds me)....no more monthly visitors.....and for now rest and recovery begins. The kids go back to school on Monday so my plan for the next couple of days is to join the big dumb dog on the couch and read a book..maybe two.....

2 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

What on Earth are you feeding that thing??? He's huge!! Cute, but huge!! Just kidding....

My advice: Rest and read, read and rest - I'm sure Buzz can handle everything else!! Ha Ha

debbieingrovecity said...

Are you trying to say my dog is fat?????? Yeah, I have often considered taking him to the Y with me.....but no one will rub his belly while he sleeps!!