Friday, April 25, 2008

The Wacky World of Webkinz

Today, I guess across America, is Webkinz Day. For anyone who does not know what these are, they are overpriced stuffed animals that come with a secret code and the child gets on the web site and is able to play games and communicate with others who collect as well.
My friend Chris and I took Ella this mornig to Village Merchant as soon as it opened because it is buy one..get one...which means everyone in Grove City would be there. And of course you have to be one of the first to make sure you get the animals you want.
As you can see, everyone was very happy with what they got. I even shopped for Anita (Ella's mom) so Steven could get some and use some as gifts for birthday's. This is the biggest thing since beenie babies. These kids go nuts over it and if they are not on the computer playing by themselves, they are chatting to one another on the phone to discuss what they got to do in "Webkinz World".
Well, I tell you what....Ben is the only animal I want to take care of. He is so much better than any webkinz. He laid in bed and watched Grey's with me last night (yea...it's back) and we discussed how mad we are at Meredith. He feels my pain over that show!! (really, he might be in it for the belly rub)
This is Corey's collection, minus what he got today. As we speak, Buzz is on his way with the kids to atttend a Webkinz extravagazana. They have special prizes and games..chances to win things. I am actually going out with big people and NO WEBKINZ!! Yeah me!!
Anyone else going through the same thing?????????????????????

4 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I had to laugh as I read this post!! Abby is addicted to Webkinz and "has" to go on everyday and do something with her Webkinz.... I'm not quite sure what that "something" is, but apparently is pretty important because the few times she has been in trouble and not allowed on the computer at night, she has completely wigged out!!!! Also, Buzz at a Webkinz extravaganza???? Seriously??? Did you spike his tea????

debbieingrovecity said...

No, it's called he golfed twice this week and he kind of had to go!! I needed to talk to people above 4 ft. tall!!!

Anonymous said...

Same thing going on here in Maryland. Lindsay now has over 30 Webkinz and she got 5 more yesterday at a Webkinz event. Tell SK that Linds got the chicken too and we already have the turtle! But there is no way I could have gotten Chris to take her to the event. Anyway, I am so happy that Grey's is back on, I want Meredith back with McDreamy.

Lori said...

OK...I guess I'm lucky, my boys are too old for this stuff.
You know, even the Jetson's had a real dog and not one on a screen! LOL
Have fun on grown-ups night out!