Monday, April 14, 2008

Relay For Life

Hey guys.......I wanted to ask you all to help me make my goal of 250.00 for Relay for Life. The relay is on June 20th and all donations have to be in my account by June 19th. A ten dollar donation goes a long way in helping those with this disease. Relay has been somethng that has been on my heart to do, but it never really hit close to home until my dad was diagnosed a few months ago.
Mom and dad came up after I had surgery and spent Christmas with us. While he was here, we took him to the doctor for a cold and unknown to us all, he had a growth in his ear. When he got back to Florida, he had to have it scraped and it tested positive for a malignant cancer. He started radiation last week and is doing great.
We are so greatful to those who have a desire, not only to help because they know someone like my dad, but just help out of the goodness of their hearts. If it is laid on your heart to help me reach me goal, it is easy to do so. A ten dollar donation is easy to give online @ grovecityrelayforlife.com. Under participant, you enter :Debbie Wilson and online giving is available under my name. Your name will be placed on a luminary at the relay and you can give in honor or memory of someone. Please help me...help others......

No comments: