Friday, February 8, 2008

Sister-Chicks......



Sarah Kate with cousin and sisterchick Ella Kay

This week in my Bible study, we discussed friendships. The author illistrated friendships as a whitewater class of friendships:


Class I: Acquaintance:flat water, but scenic and enjoyable.


Class II: A little history; a few riffles get the heart pumping.


Class III: Moderate history;moderate waves with some high and lows.


ClassIV: Major history; big water with plenty of highs and lows.


ClassV: Historic; together you've made it through the best and the worst water possible.





It made me think about all the sisters I have in my life. Some have been with me through the long haul and I am not sure what I would do without you in my life. Others I have only met and I am so greatful for what you add to my life.





The definition of a sister-chick is: a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart,loves you like a sister,and provides a reality check when you're being a brat. I am so glad to have sisterchicks that live down the road...across town...or many miles..because without all of you..my life would not be complete.

2 comments:

The Mason family said...

my two girls!!! ... you will have to email me that picture! They are too cute!! I miss you all... much LOVE!

the burchard bunch said...

Couldn't so it without friends.... near or far away! I have learned there are people God places in our lives for specific purposes... some to build us up, some to make us stronger, some to laugh with and the best ones are the ones we can do three with! I thank God for my sisterchicks!!