Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Corey

It is hard to believe that my boy is no longer a boy, but a young man. I am very blessed. In a day when boys are sneaking around...thinking of nothing but girls...and all the other trouble they find themselves in, he still my sweet, tenderhearted kid.

Now, I am not saying that there are not times when I want to send him off for a foreign exchange student (cause there are). But Corey is a good kid with a heart to be a helpful friend to anyone he meets. I love it when he comes home to tell me about a special needs child he helped at school. Not all 11 year olds care enough so I am lucky.

He is getting older so a big party is not planned. We are trick or treating tonight, having his special birthday meal and tomorrow night he is having some friends over for the night. He gets to go pick up his baseball bat that Pappy & Grandma, Uncle Don & Aunt Trish and Uncle Todd all got him...yes it cost enough to have that many people buy it!! Corey is very "low key" (like his dad) so this is all good with him.

After doctors telling me that I probably would not have any kids, I am very lucky to have the son I have and I thank God for him everyday. Happy Birthday Corey-boy...I love you.....

3 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Corey! We love you!

the burchard bunch said...

11.... where does the time go???
It's hard to believe that he is 11 already:) Give him a big birthday hug (a day late!) from Miss Tina!

Have a great day Corey!

Christina38 said...

Counting the days til the 18th..
Your mine.
Chris