Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye again.....

It feels like I just said goodbye to someone that I cared about, and here we go again. My mom called me this morning at 7:oo am to tell me that my Uncle Delmo died. It is very hard to explain because I was sad, but I was also glad for him that his body finally has peace.

He has been sick for a very long time. He had many health issues and everytime a problem arose, we wondered, is this gonna be the thing that takes him home. We all know that God has perfect timing and He took him home peacefully and without any pain. That has always been my prayer because here on earth, he has endured much pain.

I am asking for prayer for my family as we lay to rest another family member. I ask for travel mercies for my mom as she is flying in tomorrow to be with my aunt. I ask that you keep Sarah Kate in your thoughts as she was close to my uncle and loved him very much. this will be the first funeral for my children and I hope they can feel the arms of Christ around them at this time.

When I told Corey, he brought it all into prospective. He said," Mom, Uncle Delmo has been sick all of my life. I am happy that he is no longer sick, no longer in pain and gets to see Jesus". That is why I love my boy so much.....

1 comment:

rjtd4 said...

Out of the mouth of Babes come great things. We if all could only have that perspective on life. Sometimes we are all to greedy and want everything our way, because we want to be selfish and never hurt. Love you all give the kids a hug and kiss!!!