Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Big not so dumb dog.....

As you all know, I have an almost three year old dog named Ben. This is him with my dad. He absolutely loves Pappy with everything in him. When Dad is here, he spoils Ben...takes him walks several times a day...shares all kinds of good treats and lets him lay next to him all day long. Well, everytime we talk to Dad, (which is daily), he gets to talk to Pappy too. We put the phone next to Ben's ear and Dad will talk to him. If we ask Ben if he wants Pappy, he howls (as only a beagle can do) until we get Dad on the phone. I always call Ben the big dumb dog, but I guess you have to be pretty smart to love someone who is 1200 miles away and get excited enough to go to the phone. Matter of fact, he is sitting next to me while I type this as if he knows it is about him!! Pretty smart!! Must take after me!!
After he "talked" to Pappy tonight, we found him whining in Corey's bed, resting. I guess he is Pappy sick. Think we can get a ticket for the dog to make a visit??? It is bad enough that the kids miss Pappy & Grandma, but the dog too?!?!? Anyone got an extra sky miles you are not using???

No comments: