Sunday, November 9, 2008

Am I the Maid????

Nice title huh?? Well, that is the way I am feeling. Besides the fact that I work at least 40 hrs a week, I have a home to tend to. Right now, I am feeling like I should get a stipend on the side for making sure this house does not fall apart.

I usually come home on Thursday nights and we all clean. Well, this week, that did not happen and here it is Sunday and I feel like I have a lot to do. I had nursery duties this am so the morning flew by. My Colts are on @ 4:15 so I need to haul butt to clean the bathrooms and mop floors, get stuff ready for the week. It is another busy week at that.

Where the problem lies, if everyone would clean their rooms, it would be easier to mop (we have hardwood floors) and fly through what needs done. I am reading this book On Strike for Christmas (thanks Stacie..love it) if my family is not careful, I might go on strike!! I just need to find my groove. Between work, working out, PTA, Relay for life (which I really want to be a part of) and church activities for all of us. I have been knitting Buzz's blanket for 6 months now and it still is not done. I love all the things I do so I can not back out of any of them.

Anyone have suggestions on how to not to continually run on overdrive?????

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

girl, I wish I had some suggestions for ya.... I'm am so with you on this one. Burn out is NOT a good feeling:) i AM learning that sometimes it's OK for the house to be trashed and the floors not mopped, if the time spent doing all those things could be spent with the ones you love the most! It's not easy, but I am learning.... wish ya luck:-)

Christina38 said...

Actually you can do something
Stop doing everything! Give something up. You do not need be involved in everything Debra!! I tell you this because I care..
OR
STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE...

Lori said...

Ok, I don't know the other ladies but...I agree with them both! I gave up a long time ago on trying to do it all. You definitely need to have some time just for you. Those precious little angels of yours are old enough to take on more responsibility too. Remember cleaning my room and doing my chores with me...it sure didn't kill us. Iritate us yes...kill us...NO. Seriously though, you have to learn to say NO and to be selfish once in awhile...it's ok. If you don't take care of you, you won't be good for anyone else. Here's the saying I lived by for a long time: "settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, for I'm rocking my babies, and babies don't keep".
Good luck!