Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trees should be upright......

We got startled on Monday morning at 3:30 am to this falling on the back of our house. I heard the rain and was about to go outside to get the pool stuff off the patio when I heard this huge noise and when I went to go out my back door, could not. The tree went from my back patio door, to my kitchen window...Thank God for having it fall when it did or else I would have been under it.
The biggest part of the tree was in the yard and on the patio. thankfully, the only damage was my gutters because the power lines from the house to poll were able to hold down most of the weight. We did not have power for 15 hours. Thank you to Chris who kept my frozen foods and Kara who sheltered us from the heat. trust me,cooking dinner was the least I could have done. I totally do not know whatI would have done without my friends.
Daniel..this is my public acknowledgement to you....I will never make fun of you for having a generator or multiple generators ever in my life!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

OMG!!! Thank God you are all ok.
We've had that happen 3 times! Hopefully you won't experience that again. Glad that all is ok and you have great people to help you out.

Anita said...

I am glad that you are o.k. Debbie. However, if we could have put Buzz out there just a little bit, we could have knocked some sense into him!