Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Dad Pappy........

I am sure by now, you all know that this is my dad. This pic was taken last year during our Relay for Life event. You can find him many times on my blog. He is either with one of the kids or of course, with Ben.

I am very blessed to have him as my dad. Not only does he help my fix things, he helps me fix myself. If I need prayer, I can call and he is on it. If I have a problem, he gives me solution. Not worldly, but biblical. He has raised me in a home that not only are we to love one another, but God first. I am sure that things were not always easy as we were growing up, but he never hung out in bars...never faught with my mom in front of us and NEVER thought of leaving us. I know alot of people can not say those things about their dad.

He is the type of man, that literally would take his shirt off of his back for another....skip a meal if someone needed it more and get that tool box out and help others for nothing. He sits on the porch and shares with others. He takes little ones for ice cream. He sits in the bleachers and cheers for those on the diamond. He holds those that are crying and makes the best spaghetti for those he loves.

Happy Father's Dad Pappy...you truly are the best!! I love you and can not wait for you to get here....the countdown is on......

1 comment:

The Mason family said...

so true!!! We are blessed to have Pappy Don!! And the rest of the family too!!! We LOVE you ALL!!!! :)