Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not understanding WHY......

I woke up this morning with alot on my mind. This should be the happiest time for most families, but for a few I know, it is not. They are left wondering WHY??????? I know that STUFF HAPPENS no matter the time or date, but I just wished that everything could always be happy and fun during this time of the year.

Friday night I was watching the news before bed and there had been a terrible car accident outside of town. An adult and five children were taken to the hospital after another vehicle came across center line and hit them head on. The other driver drunk. The 11 year old was in the front seat...no seat belt..was killed. They get to bury her on Christmas Eve. Why not take the extra minute to make sure all was safe and belted??????? Why???????

I checked my email on Saturday to find a note from one of my friends from church. Her husbands aunt who has been battling cancer for it seems like as long as I have known her, died. She leaves behind a 16 yr old and twin 12 yr olds with her husband. WHY??????

It so so easy to say "God is so big"..so easy to say "God does all things for a purpose" but it still makes me wonder..does He ever sit and ponder when He chooses these paths for us??? Does He have a peace about all the decisions He makes???We are His children and I can not even imagine how He must feel when He sees us make these mistakes...foolish choices and know that He must allow us to deal with messes we make.

I can not grasp what He felt like to give us His son so that we may live. I can not even imagine what it felt like to watch all Jesus went through for ME and YOU. I can't imagine burying my loved one and at this time of year when we are celebrating His birth. Please pray for these families over the next few weeks. Pray for understand and peace and that God is apart of their lives.

As always, thanks for letting me ramble....

No comments: