Saturday, December 20, 2008

My favorite time of the year....

Yeah know, I was really having a hard time with the holidays. Mostly because my whole family is together right now in Fort Myers and I am here with Buzz and the kids. Not that I want to be away from them, but I miss those crazy and lazy days of just hanging out...playing games...drinking tea (making special coffee for Trish) and of course..eating! I really should enjoy the peace of this year because next year, they are all coming here!!

I finished up work yesterday and am off now until Jan 4th. My friends all laughed at me and when they asked what I was doing over break and I said "knitting and reading". No one thinks I can sit long enough to do either. It is now my goal to prove them both wrong.

Tonight we are going up to Alum Creek to see the lights. I hear they are great. We promised the kids to stop at the Krispy Kreme store after for a treat so I am excited to do something as a family. It seems like my kids are growing so fast and more so at this time of year, it makes me think of Chrsitmas past and the joy and excitement on their faces. It makes me think of all those things I feel most blessed for:

1. The Lord being born for me...
2. My husband and kids. No matter how crazy they make me, I love them very much....
3. Family ..once again..no matter how crazy they make ya, they are family....
4. Friends. I have made some of the best that anyone could ask for. So if I have known you my entire life or it only seems that way, I am greatful for you....

Merry Christmas.....

No comments: